Toronto COVID-19 Action Fund
Across our University community, faculty, staff, students, and alumni are making significant contributions to the battle against COVID-19—in many cases garnering global attention for their leadership and impact.
Spurred by the need to accelerate and multiply these efforts, the University of Toronto has created the Toronto COVID-19 Action Fund to support projects at UofT and its hospital partners across the Toronto academic health science network, with the potential for rapid results and direct impact on the health of individuals, communities, and on the front lines of care.
Together, the University of Toronto and its hospital partners have already invested $6 million in the Toronto COVID-19 Action Fund. We are hoping to match that amount with a call for donations. The funds will be granted in their entirety within the next few weeks to scientists at UofT and its hospital partners for initiatives with the potential for immediate impact. This includes, but is not limited to the following critically important areas:
- Antiviral and vaccine research
- New diagnostics and therapeutics
- Redeployment of research labs to support testing and quick development of new test measures
- Rapid production scale-up of ventilator technologies, masks and other essential health safety equipment using innovative 3-D printing technologies
- Public health social and policy interventions, dealing with disease transmission, response systems, and crisis management
- Examination of the many dimensions – economic, cultural, sociological – affected by the crisis and strategies for recovery as the pandemic abates
We invite you to join us in the battle against COVID-19 and thank you for your support.